In the last session, we looked upon the linguistic and Islamic definitions of the names Al-Qaahir and Al-Qahhar.
(To review part one, follow this link: http://aateam.org/blog/al-qaahir-and-al-qahhar/)
The greatness of Al-Qaahir Al-Qahhar:
- Nothing can go outside the knowledge and Dominance of Allah (Praise be to Him). His Creation is submissive in His commandments.
“Not a leaf falls but that He knows it.” (Surah An’am, 59)
- Allah the almighty gives life whenever and to whomever He wills and gives death to whenever and whomever He (Glory be to Him) wills. He provides riches of this world to whomever and whenever He wills, likewise holds His bounties from whoever and whenever He wills.
“His is the dominion of the heavens and earth. He gives life and causes death, and He is over all things competent.” (Surah Hadid, 2)
- None can rule over Him; none can get out of His (Praise be to Him) decree (taqdeer), none can deny His planning (tadbeer), and none can bypass His Command.
- Human intelligence is defeated against reaching Allah’s self-Sufficiency and Commandments; all eyes are humbled before the light of Allah’s Glory.
- Sheikh Nasir as-Sa’di says regarding the name Al-Qahhar:
“Allah’s Uloohiyah (Oneness in Worship) has been solidified…there cannot be two subduers under Dominance…” (Tafseer As-Sa’di, Surah Saad, 65)
Effects of the names Al-Qaahir Al-Qahhar on the believers:
- A believer on learning this name develops humility and modesty towards Allah (Glory be to Him).
- When a believer earns of Allah’s Qahar he receives honor and elevation from the polytheists.
- Truth becomes evident.
- ‘Uqba said: He knows better; so far as I am concerned, I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: A group of people from my Umma will continue to fight in obedience to the Command of Allah, remaining dominant over their enemies. Those who will oppose them shall not do them any harm. They will remain ill this condition until the Hour overtakes them.